RSK Benelux has a well-trained team of field workers with over 20 years of experience in environmental monitoring. They cover all of Belgium, working out of the Ghent, Houthalen and Nivelles offices. Their main activities are environmental sampling and supervising subcontractors for
- Manual drilling and soil sampling
- Groundwater monitoring
- Surface water monitoring
- Sediment sampling on- and offshore
- Ambient and indoor air sampling
- Waste sampling, including asbestos
- Landfill monitoring
- Well inspections for well management programmes
- Pump, slug, infiltration, bail-down tests, etc.
- Training on sampling techniques
- Land surveys
- Innovative and/or special sampling techniques: passive diffusion bags, Summa canisters, oxidation-reduction potential measurements, photo-ionisation detector surveillance, etc.
- Supervising and/or undertaking pilot tests.
Mechanical drilling and sampling are contracted out to selected subcontractors who comply with RSK’s high-quality health and safety standards. As a result, RSK Benelux can always select the best available technique at reasonable costs.
With many clients in the chemical industry, our fieldwork team is familiar with the most stringent health and safety regulations and uses all the necessary personal protective equipment. They are trained to recognise hazardous substances such as tar, asbestos and metal slag. If necessary, they receive direct support from the RSK Benelux health and safety manager.
Typically, sampling is one of the first stages in an environmental investigation and thus determines the quality of all subsequent actions such as analysis and evaluation. RSK Benelux’s health, safety and environment management system ensures quality. The system and our operating and technical procedures also comply with government regulations.
Audits by the authorities and clients repeatedly demonstrate that our standards are among the highest in the business. In Flanders, RSK Benelux is certified for the following sampling:
- Decree on Soil Remediation and Soil Protection
- All related sampling
- MA.1: dredging materials (ex-situ)
- MA.2: use as fertiliser or soil amelioration
- MA.3 – use as building material
- MA.7.1 – asbestos in piles
- MA.1: dredging materials (in-situ)
- MA.7.2: asbestos in layers.