It is important to select the most appropriate strategy for coping with waste. The specialists at RSK Benelux can assist you in outlining your waste strategy. The services they offer include
- Advising you on the possible reuse of materials
- Determination of a material’s waste category and the corresponding conditions that apply to it
- Helping you to request a ‘material declaration’, if one is legally required, and with the necessary periodic quality checks (sampling, analysis, reporting, etc.) that follow
- Carrying out sediment surveys before dredging to forecast the volume and quality of the sediment. RSK Benelux is a certified soil expert and can therefore reduce costs by combining this survey with an underwater soil investigation.
- Sampling, analysing and evaluating suspected asbestos-containing materials as potential waste, as a soil contaminant and as construction materials in buildings
- Conducting a demolition inventory of the materials and potential waste streams before the demolition of buildings. In Flanders, this is a legal requirement for larger buildings.
- Guidance on irreversibly contaminated soil. In some cases, it is not feasible to clean up contaminated soil and the only solution is to deposit it in a landfill. In Flanders, it is possible to obtain a reduced tax rate if this waste stream was generated by a soil remediation operation and there is sufficient supporting evidence that clean-up is not feasible.
RSK Benelux’s experienced and well-equipped sampling team can assist you throughout your project, from sampling to reporting and communication. We are certified by authorities in Flanders.